Concert Feedback

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Pinstriper, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    Our big band played a holiday concert at an Assisted Living facility last night.

After the concert, a little old lady resident came up to me and gushed about how much she enjoyed the music. "And the trumpets ! You were louder than everyone else !"

"Why Thank You, ma'am. That's how we know we're doing it right. I'll be sure to tell the trombones."

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Trumpets and hearing aids, a match made in heaven...........

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Why, we have that inside our section. :whistle:

4. Pinstriper

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    Ya there were a few in the audience with their fingers in their ears.

Challenge, accepted.

5. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Been there, done that...;-)

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    We caroled several years ago in the Alzheimer's wing of a local facility, and when we finished a little old woman in the front row yelled, "OK, get out now!"

7. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    I love performing at senior centers/retirement homes! The residents really seem to enjoy and appreciate it, and that always makes me feel good

8. Pinstriper

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    It really is very rewarding, they nod their heads or wave a hand in time with the music, and every once in a while someone gets up to dance. The smiles are ear to ear.

We had a fellow tell us he saw Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller and Harry James like, and we were just as good. Of course we aren't, but if we can bring those memories back, that's what they are hearing, so we've done our job. Live music has a reach that has no match.

The only other time they get 25 people dressed alike in their facility all at once is if the fire alarm goes off.