Conch Horn Theory

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    That's cool.

It seems I can get from Bb to F between lipping and the hand in the conch techniques, possibly more if I use enharmonics, but I get the feeling that I am getting the full harmonic series so there will be a gap to the octave, though it seems fairly amenable to false tones, so maybe there is a fifth in there.

3. SmoothOperator

Jul 14, 2010
    Mine wasn't all that cleaned or polished, maybe a little. I still had to soak it to get the smell out of it, and give it a little scrubbing. The outside is still flaking off a little, it seems to have some sort of cover on it. There was a piece of the animal left on there where it attached, which I cut off before I plugged the hole to get the meat.

4. SmoothOperator

Jul 14, 2010
    I think the term queen denotes the species not the gender(Like king crab). Only six per foreigner. Bahamian Conch Salad Recipe or Scungilli salad. Information on the Queen Conch and Conch Pearls from Sandy Estabrook's Guide to the Abacos Bahamas.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    wow, for an old man you really "conched" us with that joke!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    No worries, Ted, I didn't get KT's pun either. Yours, however, was first class!
    It's not hard for something to go over my head, mind you. :oops:

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I sea, you think my jokes are full of abalone -- and you can't tuna into them, to figure them out. Now I am just pickereling on you guys!!! but, I know -- you want me to clam up. ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Sounds pretty fishy to me KT!

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Not to flounder around now, lets get right to the issue. If I could be more pacific, I would say a tidal wave of corniness beginning to swell up around here, and I'd like a lot more of it, and that's no fluke. Just for the halibut, let's just start with more puns again, shall we? :grouphug::thumbsup::laughwave:

10. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I'm just urchin to get started. I will perch on my bed and sea what I can come up with. Manta rays of the sun were no where to be found. Just rain all day long.
    I was so eel, that I fell asleep for 3 hours.