Conch Horn Theory

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Jun 7, 2012.

1. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    How hard are these shells to find? I am going on a nice vacation to a beautiful beach this summer and if would love to find one of these.

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    In the FWI, you can find them on every local market, but … selling or buying them is NOW totally prohibited (it was not years ago) in order to protect the species. I think it's the same in Cuba, but I don't know in the other islands of the Caribbean Sea. I would not encourage you to do forbidden things! ;-)
    Anyway, we can only fly them in checked baggage, not in the cabin.

3. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Oh, I did not realize that. I guess I will just stick a trumpet mouthpiece in it, that makes it legal. Right Dupac?

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I am so sorry to hear you were eel. I hope you can clam down and relax for a little whale.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It's so loud because of the "standing wave" it creates! It does seem to be an easy horn to mussel around. I don't see any way to make it play in tuna though! I'm gonna clam up on that note and scallop on outta here!

6. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Although I am not as eel, I still feel like a slug. My doctor told me to go to the farm and sea horses and sea cucumbers. It all started after I saw VB's posts about that Giant Squid. Mow I'm having flashbacks and nightmares. My wide said my Restless Legs were moving like an octopuses. All she heard was Whales and moans. You know, what she served me for
    a snack oysters on the half shell and the flashbacks started all over again. I'm going to buy me a harpoon gun and catch me a Sperm Whale because the Doctor said my sperm count was down. Yes it is time to clam up, stick to it like a barnacle, and make a stand like Ahab against Moby Dick!
    Now if I can find my scopolamine patches, cause I get sea sick!
    PS: If you cross a Comch shell with a trigger fish do you get a Connchstellation?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    This is what happens when you get a grouper trumpet players around. They all want to be the star-fish. some posts are TMI (won't mention patkins, oops!) and mako me think "OH MY COD"!!! Oh welch, better stop now. Don't wanna make a bass of myself! Oops, tilapia! Just remember, "Brevity is the sole of wit"! Haddock enough of this yet?! Wait until our resident sturgeon, gmnoday, seas this thread. It's better than pollack jokes!!!ROFL G-man, where are you? Herring your the punmiester! Stuck in school?

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    These corny puns are shameless. Please continue.

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Minnows it will be hard to stop since some of these are BRILL-iant and some are so conch-ise in meaning! Although, feel as if it could turn into a crappie thread if different puns aren't used. Probably a day or two before it reaches it's pike! Won't be complete though until G-man carps in!! This is ray-tuna funny!!

10. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Paging Dr. GM Stat. We're out of line with a whopper on the other end.