Conch Playing Tips

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    To be truly impressive, be sure to put a gold trim set on the conch. Armada water keys, too.

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I can't believe you said all this on porpoise, Peter. I must trout your expertise. Cod, I can't top that.

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    And that is not punny.

4. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Sometimes the response and sound can be improved with heavy bivalve caps.

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    Hey, thats couque potato to you. ROFL

More like Tibetan robe and incense.

Yes, indeed, I procured this one in the Caribbean on a cruise.

Anyway it looks like it fits in a trumpet case in the bell area, so I should be good to go.

6. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Conch horns make excellent war trumpets: they really terrify anemone.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Whoa Whoa Whoa!! I did many posts back! I said that for animals lovers it would be an "un conch in a shell" act! Man that was/is funny and punny all at the same time. As an avid collector of shells as a kid, I know all too well the conchequences of not evicting the resident of ANY type of shell home. SMELT awful and had a whale of a time getting the odoriferousness out of the trunk of the car and the clothes packed closest to the deceased snail.

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    He's urchin pretty deep for that one. But good nonetheless.

9. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Conch can be eaten, according to the utimate internet research site Wikipedia, are second only to escargot. I made it a point to eat escargot in Paris, but if the conch is not as good as escargot, I think I'll pass. (The escargot tasted like snails!)

10. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Toby, I think they were just looking at it from a different angler, maybe cod-sidering how to tuna their conch shells to play with that eely bad band – hoping for a batter whelk-ome than the other hack of Bass-tards who played outer tuna Bass guitars.

Now don’t think that to be a star, fish puns are all you can do. Throw in a whale of a riddle in there, and people will begin flipper’ing their lid. They’ll start claiming you have no sole and your life has no porpoise, but that means they are trying to steer you into fresh water even though you try and remain salty. Eventually, they’ll proclaim that they cod’nt take another fish pun, but that just means they want a moray. If you really feel they are net coming back and are splashing at the end of their line, tell them to kiss your bass and go find some friends that can withstand this punning fin-nomenon.

Don't be shellfish now and no need to be a clownfish, but you don’t need to leave it to Salmon else. You don't want to make a rod for your own back as tench-ions will sell you up the river. Kipper lid on the puns and stick to the turbot-charged fishy ones and you will leave them bream-ing from ear to ear. The world is your oyster now. Bring a new RAY of light to the sometimes bleak sea of fish puns. It can easily tern to a load of Scallops!

So far you have bream whiting down sum good puns, Caviar anymore? It is a trawl order but I am looking forward to wading through marillions of fishy puns, or it may be a turtle disaster.
    No repetition, or else you'll feel my wrasse