Condensation

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bstratt, Dec 12, 2008.

1. bstratt

bstratt New Friend

Dec 12, 2008
    Lewiston Idaho
    Hi, my name is Bret and I am a new member. Trying to learn how to navigate thru this site. Right now Im playing on a king 600. I am constantly having to blow out spit thru my spit valve. I mean alot. Also my second valve slide fills up with spit. Is this a condensation problem or is it me? I play on a bach 10c mouthpeice. my 3c is worse. Any ideas out there?

2. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
    Have you washed the horn inside so there is no dirt in the pipes? If there is a lot of dirt inside it is difficult to get all the condenswater out.

3. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Another very real possibility is that your horn is cold when the condesation occurs. This is common with horns played outside in cold weather or in a poorly heated indoor space. As has been mentioned, a very good internal cleaning of the horn might be a good idea. Rest assured, there is nothing wrong with your horn in its manufacture. I don't like King products made after The H.N.White Co. sold out, but, there are several hundred thousand of their horns being played by musicians from entry level students to some experts. In the majority of these cases the musicians are content with their horns.

OLDLOU>>

4. bstratt

bstratt New Friend

Dec 12, 2008
    Lewiston Idaho
    You know, that could be the problem. We keep our house around 68 and the house is chilly.