conn 1966?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariusstranger, Feb 3, 2009.

1. mariusstranger

mariusstranger New Friend

Feb 3, 2009
    I organize a big band in hilo hawaii and wanted to buy a trmp for one of our players. there is a conn serial number H63110 for sale 150 dollars
    I dont play myself so I would like to get some more information.
    There is also an olds special 69 150 $ for sale lacking one spit vaul pluss the top part of one tuner which can probably be replaced easily my language is norwegian and i am a singer so my trmp terminology is not perfect like to have some advice. anyway we need brass players for island swing big band Hawaii.
    [email protected]

mahalo marius

2. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I would go with the Olds Special it is going to be a much better sounding trumpet in my opinion. Even with the needed repairs it is a great deal. THe old specials are professional level horns.

3. mariusstranger

Feb 3, 2009
    no

they are for sale though but maybe one of our band members will buy one of them. the olds model needs a new spit valve and a top for one of the keys dont know trmt terminology in english
    i asked for some advice as i know nothing about trmpts i am a singer but if you are buying yourself you are probably not very objective.
    serial number H 63110 should be 1966
    we might not buy any of them so they will be for sale 150 each but you would have to wait till we have deceided what to do.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  4. mariusstranger

Feb 3, 2009
    the conn is a director 1966 it does not have some tuners or fingerpicks of more expensive horn

the special is same price but 50 dollars repair in addition
    thank you for ressponse

5. mariusstranger

Feb 3, 2009
    thank you - i have to convince the boy or maybe i buy it as the organizer of hilo's only
    big band