WTB: Conn 22B NYS for parts

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by operagost, Nov 15, 2016.

1. operagost

operagost Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    Specifically, the bell. The bell on my 1946 22B New York Symphony has been crunched and repaired multiple times, such that there is a crack and the engraving is very faint. I'm looking for a parts 22B with a bell that is at least repairable; a few dents are OK. Obviously, one that's missing slides, pistons, etc. is fine.

2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I guess you wouldn't be interested in this one, then...;-)

[​IMG]

3. operagost

operagost Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    Now, that's just mean!

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I actually own the tuning slide from that instrument. A few years ago, someone from across the Pacific (I don't remember exactly where) bought that horn on eBay. When he received it, he discovered it had been buffed/replated and that the valves were leaky, and he destroyed it in a fit of rage. That was one of the pictures he posted on either this or the "other" trumpet site.

I was looking for a regular tuning slide for my '29 22B at the time, so I contacted him and asked if he would sell it to me. He said if I'd pay the postage he would give it to me. It was a little bent-up, too, but Southeastern got it straightened and fit to my horn. Below is a pic of the repaired slide on my 22B. I hate to see an instrument destroyed like that...

[​IMG]

5. joe1joey

joe1joey Piano User

Jul 3, 2010
    E.Panhandle WV
    A post has been sent to you ; Operaghost

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  6. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    I have one. Plays well, but the tuning slide has some cracks that have been repaired. Bell is good. I can get you pictures Friday.