Conn 22B Silver

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Mar 24, 2013.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Hi I have a 22B Conn silver plated had bought on E-bay plays fine, valves good only thing is besides silverplating it has a satin finish on some spots like the valve block and some of the valve tubing so it has an two sorta tone finish
    my question is can I have the Whole horn silver plated cause the parts that have orgin finish look great especially the Conn logo and what do you think it mayu cost

2. harleyt26

harleyt26 Mezzo Forte User

Dec 9, 2009
    Summerfield,Fl.
    Usually the main body of the Conn horn was satin silver and the removable parts like the slides, finger buttons, top and bottom caps, valve stems etc. were polished silver. They were usually polished around the engraving and inside the bell also. What is the year/serial number of your horn?
    Refinishing a horn can get expensive and even more expensive to change to a custom finish. But can be totally worth it!
    Can you post pictures of your 22B now, so we might see why you think it needs refinished?

3. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    How do u send a picture? Anthony

4. harleyt26

Dec 9, 2009
    Summerfield,Fl.
    At the top of this page there is a "Gallery" link. You can add a album of your own.
    I use a Photobucket account. If you use Photobucket you can upload the pictures there and copy and paste the IMG code here in your post.

5. harleyt26

Dec 9, 2009
    Summerfield,Fl.