WTS: Conn 51B Connstelation C trumpet

Discussion in 'C Trumpets' started by musicalmason, Feb 11, 2014.

1. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    Up for sale is my Conn 51B c trumpet in very good condition. I don't use it enough to justify keeping it. It would be better used by somebody who played a lot of weddings/church services. Or somebody in an orchestra, or a college student etc. etc....I only play it twice a year, Christmas and easter. And the way I figure, for that little use, I'm better off just transposing.

The horn: very good condition. all valves and slides are smooth with great compression. It has one small ding on the bell that I couldn't even photograph, a few tiny scratches and one small ding on the upper part of the first valve casing. The ding on the upper part of the first valve casing is very very small, and in no way effects the first valve. It is located near the top cap, which is where the spring barrel is on the valve, not the bearing surface of the valve. So, it never touched the moving part of the valve, it is very minor, but worth noting. There is a small scratch/chip on the leadpipe where I hit my ring one time. These defects are very small, but I want you to know what you're getting. Overall, the horn is very nice, and plays very well. Please look at all the pictures and watch the video. I am happy to answer questions and send more pics if you want. This horn has no case or mouthpiece with it, but I have an old Bach single case that I could sell if you need a case, let me know, we'll work something out. This horn also includes the modular valve weight system. That is 3 standard caps, 3 heavy caps and 6 add on heavy caps which screw onto the heavy caps. All included. Asking $875 OBO.

Conn 51B c trumpet - YouTube

51B - BrassReview.com

I cant seem to get attachments to work tonight, so here is the link to photobucket:

Conn 51B Photos by seanmasonrepairs | Photobucket

2. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    I'll take 800.

3. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    $775

4. musicalmason