Conn Conn-Queror?

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by bnbtrpt, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bnbtrpt

bnbtrpt Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Anybody know much about this cornet? I have had it for quite some time. Did a little research once and found out it was turn of the century (1907) or there abouts. Its in good condition. Might be looking to sell it eventually. I'll try and get some pics up at some point.

2. Gilligan

Gilligan Pianissimo User

Aug 3, 2004
    Colorado Springs, USA
    If your horn was made about 1907 and has the Conn-Queror name it is probable a Perfected Conqueror. I have one that I'm slowly restoring. Mine has a M bore size marking and measures .450" inside the second valve. Most of these however have a small bore (S). These horns were patented by Conn to have a super even blow through all the note of the scale. THey appeaer different as their lead pipe enter the valve cluster in the second valve then passes to the third valve after going through some tubing to the left side of the bell pipe then into the first valve and back out to the bell.

I've found that even though mine is still infairly rough shape it has a nice even feel to high C. Anything above that is beyond this comback players ability.

3. bnbtrpt

bnbtrpt Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks so much.

4. P.K.Bloo

P.K.Bloo New Friend

Oct 25, 2005
    Iowa