Conn Coprion

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by Tootsall, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Come on, guys and gals... give these poor puppies a nice home. Incredible prices for them, notably the cornet! And I'll bet Leigh could sure make 'em shine! The coprion bell was produced by/for Conn in the 1940's and 50's and uses the same electroforming technology that Schilke used for it's "beryllium" bells... no seams, no rolling of sheet metal. Copper electroplated onto a mandrel... dead even material thickness from tube to rim.

If I hadn't committed to the 1/2 price prize Eclipse earlier this week I'd be on that cornet like stink on a stick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...1396&item=3711425862&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...6214&item=3710700643&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

2. dyeabsley

dyeabsley New Friend

Feb 29, 2004
    New Zealand
    wow, nice horns. It's a pity that the cornet seller will only sell inside the USA. I reckon that sellers who are prepared to ship world-wide get better prices.

-Daniel

3. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Isn't that a beautiful little cornet? If wifey wasn't still on the warpath over the redone Constellation that showed up two weeks ago I'd probably take a run at it.

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I know how you feel, Will. I think I mentioned something about opting to get the Getzen restored AND accept the 1/2 price offer on the Eclipse... but I'm sure that Mrs. has forgotten and (maybe I mumbled at the time), she doesn't know if I'm talking £ Ster. or $ Cdn.) Only a wee difference.. 2.5X ... thank goodness I have my own bank accounts to fool around with.

(Guys, that's the one thing I learned during a (ancient history) temporary separation from the wife.... KEEP YOUR OWN BANK ACCOUNT FOR MAD MONEY!) Yeah.. I learned some other things too...but they say that the journey is much more exciting than the destination so I'll let y'all learn them for yerselves. HAHA.