conn trumpet

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by rspellman, Jul 4, 2009.

1. rspellman

rspellman New Friend

Jul 4, 2009
    Springfield, Mo.
    Hi, I have a conn trumpet I have played since 1975, it is nickle plated, with marching band emblem on the bell, has Japan stamped on the second valve, serial number series is P8XXXXX, can anyone help me to identify the model number on this trumpet.

2. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Welcome to trumpetmaster. Check out the Conn Loyalist web sight. The Conn Loyalist Usually the model number on a Conn is stamped on the mouth peice pipe. It will be something like 22B. I like old Conns. Good Luck!

3. plp

plp Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    South Alabama
    It is either a Victor or Director, which should be marked on the side of the leadpipe. These were actually made by Yamaha for Conn and was made in 1971.

4. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Yamaha also made a cornet variety for Conn at that time with underslung slide, that turn up fairly often on Ebay or Shopgoodwill.

5. rspellman

rspellman New Friend

Jul 4, 2009
    Springfield, Mo.
    thanks, I have checked out conn loyalist and none of the photos match my horn, also there is no marking on the mouth piece lead pipe, a local music store looked it up in his parts catalog and he thought it to be a 19B, but it comes closest to matching the 38B. I've have heard before that Yamaha proably made the horn for Conn, is there a site for Yamaha?
    thanks for all the imput.

6. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan