Conn Valve caps

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by jimmysmith76, Nov 7, 2008.

1. jimmysmith76

jimmysmith76 New Friend

Feb 2, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Hello
    Does anyone know where I could find a set of bottom and top valve caps for a 38B? I know that conn used the same caps on many trumpets. I just got a Connstellation 38B and it has the wrong valve caps. Your help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Bonasa

Bonasa Pianissimo User

Feb 9, 2008
    Western New York
    Should be a lot of options available if you're looking to go the aftermarket trim-kit route. Harrelson or Bob Reeves pop into mind right away, and I'm sure there are tons of others. Let's face it, machining a small cylinder of brass to the proper diameter and threading to the correct pitch aint exactly rocket science. Try Googling "trumpet bottom caps" or "trumpet trim kit" and see what you get.

If you're looking for new old stock or used Conn parts, you're best off contacting the pro restoration shops: The Brass Bow, Charlie's Brass Works, Osmun, etc. You might also check the Conn Loyalist site to see whether they have links to parts suppliers or any sort of message board where you could post what you're looking for. Somebody probably scrapped a Constellation and is sitting on a box of parts.

And, of course, there's good old TrumpetMaster: why don't you stick a WTB ad in the accessories subpage of the classifieds? That's what it's there for, and I think sites like this attract a lot of buyers and sellers of pro-caliber parts. Good luck.

3. jimmysmith76

jimmysmith76 New Friend

Feb 2, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Found a set of conn caps for $10 today.
    Thanks for your help
    JS-