Connick and Ingram

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nordic Trumpet, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Nordic Trumpet

Nordic Trumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    I've just discovered Stage6 · Upload Video Clips. Share, Watch, Download Videos which has many videos with very good quality.

Of course I had to search for one of my favorite bands and stumbled across this pearl:

Stage6 · Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Video and Download · kundie

This clip is a good example of why Roger Ingram is my favorite lead player. Of course he can go high, but he does it with perfection. His playing is just so clean and powerful! Listen at the end of the clip!!

Enjoy...

--
    Geir

2. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    Yeah, I have that DVD...Roger is awesome! But he's still my 2nd favorite lead player- :cool:

3. Nordic Trumpet

Nordic Trumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    No surprice there. :lol:

4. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Roger is hip....but man, Leroy Jones is a bad ass! That cat has soooo much soul!!

5. houdini1313

houdini1313 New Friend

Jan 7, 2008
    USA
  6. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Roger is such a monster!!! I saw this show live and he was killin it!! Double C's all night and didn't even break a sweat!!!

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Make no mistake, Roger broke sweat training to get where he is today! Once you have developed the correct habits, maintenance is much easier!

8. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
  9. commakozzi

commakozzi Pianissimo User

Oct 30, 2007
    Georgia, USA
    Ditto man! Oh god I love me some Leroy Jones! That dude can play man. In fact, when I was still in high school back in 1992 his solos on "Blue Light, Red Light" were the first that I ever thought to myself "Hey, you know I'd like to write those down and learn them." So, that's when I learned how to transcribe... from Leroy's solos! Love 'em man, just love 'em!