Connstellation 38b (1970) -- For Sale

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by modkman, Dec 26, 2010.

1. modkman

modkman New Friend

Dec 26, 2010
    Hello all,

Up for sale is a 1970 Conn Connstellation 38b in very good condition.

All valves/keys/triggers/tuning slide are in working order, and there are zero dents or dings in its silver finish. Appearance is unblemished, but does have those fine scratches one would expect for a 41 year old machine.

Comes with immaculate royal purple felt case, with hard exterior, and various mutes/oils, and a portable full-size music stand made to fit inside the case.

Not looking for trades, as I am no longer able to play :( ...Just looking to pass it on to someone in this community.

$600 and it's yours. Write back with your email and I'll send you pictures (resolution is too high to upload).

Take care,
    Modkman

2. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Bargain price for a fantastic trumpet. Sold?

3. modkman

modkman New Friend

Dec 26, 2010
    hello all...there is a beginning trumpet player that PM'd me (one year playing). He is gathering the money together over the next 2-3 weeks. I know I'm offering it super low - just trying to help someone get their hands on an awesome instrument and see where it takes them. (exactly what I had done for me in 1997 with it). He is excited, but I'll let you know if anything happens. Doubt it, though.

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    No, this turtle's not going to change it's mind. They rarely do. I was up at 5am and I guess I just saw it first. Sorry, guys, I probably need it more than you anyway. Goes to show that age old saying is still relevant today: "The early turtle gets the horn."

Turtle

btw, modkman, thanks! and :welcome: to the forumn!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  5. Daff

Daff Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    For those who lost out on this, I have a cherry, original, nearly 'time-capsule' condition, 1968 Connstellation 28A longbell cornet for sale, complete with original case, 4 mp's (original Connstellation, Bach 3, and two Jet-tones), and 3 mutes also in excellent condition.

This horn was the predecessor to the 38B. The 28A is the same horn as the 38B but with a cornet receiver.

Asking $675.

Excellent photos available.

(Will ship only within the U.S.)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  6. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    PLease send pics of your 28A Constellation. It was my first serious horn, but got lost in a move. email: [email protected]
    Thanks, patkins