Consequences of Time Off

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Aug 11, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    More consequences of time off...I haven't touched a horn in a week, and had 60 minute church orchestra practice tonight. I couldn't tell any difference in my playing, or the effort required. I must operate at such a low level that I don't need much practice to maintain it...:lol:

tobylou8 likes this.
  3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    This is how I am at golf. I only have to play about once every three years to maintain my play at exactly the same level! I am always able to score very high.

kingtrumpet likes this.
  4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    about 2 days off for me, and it takes me longer warmups to get back to my usual (a 5-10 minute warmup then becomes a 20 minute) --- actually a day or 2 of easy stuff, or a layoff is beneficial to my range on the trumpet. -- and sadly it is detrimental for my endurance at any range or level ---

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Me too, Big Dub. The more time off from golf, the more likely I am to hit houses and cars. One time, with my cousin Richard, I hit two houses with one drive. Ohh, the hook! The guy from the first house (it bounced off his roof and hit the other one on the side) came out and yelled at me. I was like, "Dude, you live next to a golf course!" :dontknow:

Turtle

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    There is a lot of sympathy here from me on that one Turtle. I could hit the longest drive ever, as long as there's a lake further than I thought I could ever hit it.
    Know what I mean?

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That logic makes a good splash fore me.

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    rofl

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My wife and I rented a house in Kitty Hawk, NC once. It was cheaper than others we were looking at. Found out why the 1st morning. I'm sitting on the deck enjoying the morning and my coffee and heard this funny noise. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! I'm looking around thinking, what was that??? A minute later, heard it again only it sounded closer! Understanding the Doppler Effect, I looked to the probable direction of the sounds origin. We were 75 yards off the 4th tee and just slightly to the left. That explained the wire mesh over all the windows!!! :shock: