Consequences of Time Off

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Aug 11, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I go into a towel workout as I go into a trumpet practice. I will go through the same warm up exercises, work outs, and charts to work through which typically takes between an hour and an hour and a half, before I finally decide to throw in the towel.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    A jazzed version with much different words, but that's the melody. Even the Brady Bunch theme original is somewhat of a modification of Columbia, The Gem Of the Ocean.

The very best recording of this IMO is the Robert Shaw Chorale with The RCA Symphony Orchestra that wanders around now on U Tube, but I first heard on a vinyl my parents had, but I didn't find in the remnant of that collection left in their house.

3. eviln3d

eviln3d Pianissimo User

Jun 5, 2013
    Actually I find you don't even need a mouthpiece. In my car while I drive to work I just buzz my lips to an imaginary trumpet. I might look like some loon to people that see me stopped at a traffic light, but hey who cares.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But you still may need that towel to wipe off the windshield.:-P

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Ha ha. Good one, Boss! You are so funny. I don't care who agrees with me. I get you. Don't worry about anyone else.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh boy... finally, I can sleep well at night!

7. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    See...here it is, an unintended consequence of starting a thread entitled Consequences of Time Off - TM goofiness!:-P

On a slightly more serious note, after a couple weeks practice, I cannot really detect any lingering consequences of the time off; of course most of you may have noticed little difference in the first place!:oops:

Jim