contest

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by musiknjoyr, Jan 20, 2008.

1. musiknjoyr

musiknjoyr New Friend

Jan 20, 2008
    Decatur, AL
  2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Seems like a very uncomfortable way to hold your horn.

3. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

I saw that, and then checked out the video (sorry, wrong order) but i'm glad to finally have discovered someone who holds the horn the same way. Its much more comfortable for me than the "normal way." :dontknow: Also i've found it easier to move the slides

4. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Sounds good to me! Wow the Foo Fighters, one of their songs was playing on the radio all the time during a time in my life when a lot was going on.....

There's a video by a gal in some Scandenavian country named "Tine Thing" or something like that, really good player, who holds her trumpet at a cant like that, though not as much. I can see the reason for it, to keep her right wrist straight.

Good luck in the contest!

5. musiknjoyr

musiknjoyr New Friend

Jan 20, 2008
    Decatur, AL
    yeah. i never could get comfortable playing the "correct way". then i saw a friend of mine playing that way, and ive playing like that ever since. its so much easier for me. and more comfortable.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    If holding the horn that way works, good enough.
    I am not sure what the FooFighters are looking for but your vibrato was too much for me. It also sounds like you are being overly cautious - I hear a lot of individual notes and not enough musical line. The clip sounds bright, but recording engineers like that. Intonation, sound and range are good.
    Just work on the musical line, you have the mechanics!