Conversations on Saturday

Discussion in 'Wise Talk!' started by wiseone2, Aug 14, 2005.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I knew it was going to be a good day when upon turning onto E. 76th Street a parking spot, a free one, appeared.
    I was meeting Hank Nowak and Fred Mills to visit with an old friend. As it turned out our friend was not feeling up to it, so we had an afternoon of old buddies hanging out :D
    I brought my Sotto Voce mute and we tested it , thumbs up.

Freddie is in town to play a concert with Allen Dean, now there a friend I haven't seen in years. Freddie is in Geogia, we had a lot of catching up to do.

We talked about soloists. I mentioned one of my new favorites, Friedemann Immer. This guy is tall enough to be in the NBA :roll: I saw a video of Immer playing the Brandenburg. He made it look easy on the natural trumpet. Beautiful playing. My eye was caught by his WHITE socks with his concert garb. He is truly one of us :lol:

Hank plays Monette, but he tried the mute with a Strad made in 1929. Freddie still plays Yamaha, and I am still a Bachaholic.

We ended by watching part of the West Side Story video I gave Hank. It was released again last week.
    I am trying to get them to come hang out at the Lew Soloff FONT masterclass. We'll see.

Wilmer

2. ecarroll

ecarroll Artist in Residence Staff Member

Jul 13, 2005
    NY/CA
    Wilmer,

I heard Friedemann play a Brandenburg at the Metropolitan Museum years ago. The other three soloists were standing and he was seated . . . and still taller. It was VERY funny (and he played the daylights out of it)

Please say hello to Henry (a blast from the past) and Freddie for me if you see them again.

Best,
    EC

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
  4. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    That's the one. They slapped a new cover on it.
    Wilmer

5. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Thanks! I just placed my order, I cant wait to check it out!!!!!!!

:D

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    I got in late tonight from a meeting at school and had the video waiting on my door step, I got to watch a little bit of it(dance in the gym) before i practiced.

:worthy:

the trumpet playing is out of this world.

:D

7. hunsicker

hunsicker New Friend

Oct 4, 2004
    Reno, NV
    I just got mine and I'm amazed at the amount of reality they were willing to release in that documentary. It wasn't just the musicianship that had me slack-jawed. One of the best I've seen in years. If "reality TV" were like that, I'd -- um -- I'd watch TV.