Cool Evening in September

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by The Royal Lancer, Sep 25, 2006.

1. The Royal Lancer

The Royal Lancer New Friend

Oct 11, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Just wanted to send out a big thanks to Chuck (Solar Bell) Willard for inviting me down last week to play with his group "The Rhythm Society Swing Orchestra". It was a lot of fun to play with a group which is fortunate enough to feature great musicians that are really nice people as well.

If you're not familiar with the group, they are a Detroit local area ensemble and have a website http://www.rhythmsociety.net where you can go to take a look at the band and check oput their upcoming rehearsal dates.. I can only speak for myself in saying it's this style of music that attracted me to trumpet over 40 years ago and I still love it as much now as I did then.

The added bonus of the evening was Chuck letting me take his new Eclipse Solar Bell for a test drive. What a nice horn.

Thanks again to Chuck and all the nice folks in the RSO.

Jack

2. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Jack,

I'm envious that's for sure.

I was suppose to be there too; but I had to cut my trip short and come back down here.

I hope to get the chance to sit in with Chuck in December when I'm back up there.

Glad to hear you had such a good time.

John

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Jack,

It was my pleasure.

Be advised that the website only lists our PUBLIC performance dates. private affairs are not on the site and you really have to be invited to a rehearsal, but I know someone who can get you in. :cool:

I have to quit inviting people...I don't get to rehearse with the Eclipse!

-cw-

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    In December?! They use snow sleds in December there in Michigan don't they? :D

Berrrrrrrrrr..........Michigan is like Alaska in the Winter.

Liad Bar-EL