cool thing i've been doin over the week

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Apr 16, 2010.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Bending notes up is hard, and not necessarily good as an exercise as it introduces tension.

2 months is not old for a thread. We hop on some that are many years old, if we choose. The time sense of a teenager is considerably differenter than the one of someone in their 60s. Of course, you won't grok (unnerstand) that until some water goes under the bridge. But, trust me...

Characterizing Tennesseans as less-than-literate is foolish and wrong. Lots of well-spoken and -written folk were and are Tennesseans: Al Gore, Alex Haley, Andrew Jackson, Albert Ochs, Morgan Freeman, Robert Penn Warren, Sam Houston.... it is a long list. It's time to grow up and take responsiblity for your own failings. Blaming them on anyone else is lame.

2. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    I shouldn't have to explain this. You posted the message only TWO days ago and now you have completely changed your story.

Did you think the previous thread would disappear because you started this new one?

3. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Agreed, however it's fun just to sometimes kid around with it. kinda like most of us do not have a REAL southern accent, we have a little bit of one but not alot (atleast where i'm at) and we can throw on one that makes us seem like were from Mcminville TN (idk how to spell it)

4. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    What are you talking about? I am truely confused by whatever point it is your trying to make? I havent changed my story (period)(<---- that was pretty good huh :lol:)

5. trumpetjump

trumpetjump New Friend

Mar 5, 2010
    PA
    Come on now, guys. This is a high school kid with 529 posts, some of them done while he was, by his own admission, half asleep. In fact, it was probably in one of these dreamstates that he bent those notes half an octave. He thinks what he has to say is important, so let him have his fun; it's probably part of his therapy.

6. trumpetjump

trumpetjump New Friend

Mar 5, 2010
    PA
    The kid's actually quite entertaining, don't you think? Maybe that should be part of OUR therapy, eh?