Coolest Wife Ever!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, Feb 14, 2012.

1. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    I go through periods of time when I do a great deal of travelling and she apparently felt sorry for me having to lugg my Bach Strad every where; it's the one with the old school brown case. So, this morning, for Valentine's Day, I wake up and go out to the kitchen table only to find brand new pocket trumpet. Cool eh?

What is the coolest thing your partner ever did for your trumpet playing?

BrotherBACH

2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    She doesn't complain too much when I'm gone 3 or 4 nights per week to rehearsals/gigs and a weekend every month or two on out of town gigs. She does get a little irritable sometimes, though...;-)

3. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011

Told me she was really into other girls while she, Stephanie and myself were getting toasted on margaritas in the hot tub.

Didn't directly help my trumpet playing but didn't hurt it either.

4. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    my first wife divorced me because of trumpet

than I dumped my second wife (fiancee) because all of a sudden I found myself 2 months w/o practicing because I was scared to practice. so when I realised that 'm not practicing because of her, I dumped her. She also didnt let me drink coffe...

to hell with women.

I dumped her today -so its still fresh.

5. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    My husband loves me for my playing, not in spite of it! Best part is he's nice to me every day! Forget flowers and romance - it's the real things like that that are important every day :)

Dupac likes this.
  6. brad361

brad361 Pianissimo User

Feb 12, 2008
    My girlfriend is very supportive of my playing and doing gigs. She almost always wants to come along, and is patient even when it's 2 am and I am waiting around to be paid.

I could not ask for a better girlfriend!

Brad361

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Our wives (husbands, significant others, etc.) are the best! What kind of pocket trumpet did she get you?

Coolest thing my wife did for me? This was about a year after we met, and we weren't dating yet. We were in college back in 1981. We were both living on our own, broke, and barely making ends meet. I got a $350 traffic ticket that I couldn't afford to pay. I wasn't going to ask my parents for the money. She found out that I was going to sell my flugelhorn to pay for the ticket. Then our pastor gave me an anonymous envelop containing $200. Several months later, I found out the money came from her. It was money she had been saving for months to buy a guitar, which she sacrificed so I didn't have to sell my horn. Marrying her was a no-brainer. Thirty years later, we are still together. I still have the envelop that the money came in. And I still have that flugel, my Getzen 4-valve Eterna.

Mike

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  8. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    I think I remember that horn Mike!!! You used it at JCSC didn't you?
    Bob

9. flacoman

flacoman Pianissimo User

Oct 4, 2011
    Even when my tone is spitty airy and generally awful ,she'll tell me "you're getting better" They say that love is blind , but in my case ,it's deaf!

10. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Everything my honey does for me is awesome. I thank God for her every day. For our first anniversary she bought me a Getzen Genesis. But all the small things really mean even more.