Coolest Wife Ever!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 11thchair

11thchair Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2005
    Evansville In
    Many things over the years. When I first got my high school horn out - and got asked to play at church a few times she said " If you are going to continue to embarrass yourself - why don't you take lessons?" I did.

For Christmas she asked what I wanted - ended up with a Conn 6B off Ebay.

She continues to put up with my playing - even though it is painful to her (others also I'm sure - but my wife was born with some defects in her skull and sinuses that cause higher sounds to ring with pain .. also can't do the roundy round rides at the park). So I try to practice when she is out.

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi Bob! Yep, that's the horn. :-)

Nice to hear from you. I have great memories from our time at JCSC.

I was thinking of Miguel the other month. What did he go on to do.

Mike

3. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    Hi Mike,
    I've heard a few things about him over the years. Some were good, and some not so good. But nothing in years. He was great at the age of 19!! We did have some good times didn't we? I didn't realize that you were an MD!!
    Bob

4. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    These are great stories. Keep 'em coming. My wife bought me a "Prelude". Its working great.

BrotherBACH

5. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    She's not a musician, she doesn't dig jazz, she hates when I practice, she wonders what all those cases are for, she doesn't know a flugelhorn from a fahrvergn├╝gen and she loves to call out my name when I'm in the middle of an etude. But when she smiles at the end of a solo at one of my gigs, that's all I need from my valentine.

ed

6. St. Rugglin

St. Rugglin New Friend

Dec 9, 2011
    Low Pass Oregon
    Mine doesn't complain when I've played the song of the month for the 120th time. Once she said, upon my return from a business trip, that she had missed my playing. I'm glad she is no longer jealous of my mistress
    Connie Cornet. :D

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Very nice!

8. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Mine always tells me what needs improvement in my playing. I get pissed about it at times, but she is usually right. Back to the practice room.

9. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    My wife bought me a Waterford Edson fountain pen hidden in a cigar tube many years ago for Valentine's day. It's an $800.00 fountain pen! Another n+ 1 obsession!

10. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    My wife is great, she tells me I'm getting better and better playing and that she can tell. I actually can't tell when I'm improving. She never nags about the new package that has arrived. She knows it is a new or vintage trumpet or guitar. She trusts that I've made a "sound investment." (Pardon the pun). Together 26+ years, and I wouldn't change a thing. Love is unconditional!
    Lord, Bless my spouse and all the spouses of my trumpet compadres!