Coolest Wife Ever!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    My wife of 44 years is rather adamant to not hear me whistle, tap my fingers with or without music ... even my feet unless I'm dancing (which I can't do like I did anymore), and not to hear me practice my horns ... over and over until I get the piece to my satisfaction and that's why I use a YSB or practice when she's not here, but she enjoys and shares with others my final music. Too, she allows me to use the kitchen sink to clean horns as long as I clean and disinfect the sink afterward ... I'm not a slob. Too, she lets me go to concerts, but will not accompany me. Also, as soon as our income taxes are paid (if we owe anything), I can go on my quest to purchase my 2nd NEW trumpet and a NEW flugelhorn, the latter as I've never prior owned or played, but I first must understand they are my Valentines, Birthday, and Christmas presents all combined this year. Well, now you know how we've been married this long.

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    my wife doesn't have a like button..but you 've been "liked"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Honestly... we went to high school today and were re-introduced after 30 years .... she couldn't believe I didn't play trumept at that time .... so she bought me a Bach mp ... then a student Bach .... after I started practicing again ... welll I think my signature sums it up ... and it's only been a year
    so we are having Happy Valentine's Day Week in my house

4. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    The coolest thing my wife has done??? She told me never buy a used trumpet again, always buy a new horn because we can afford it! She thinks that there can be negative karma with a horn that belonged to someone else, not to mention foul odors.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What is the coolest thing your partner ever did for your trumpet playing?

Not come to my gigs... she hates jazz; however, with this said, she NEVER gives me grief about me taking off to other city's to play. That's all I can ask!

She also has NEVER given me grief about feeding my growing N + 1 adiction; however, I will be testing this tonight, as I just sealed a deal a few minutes ago to purchase a BRAND NEW Kanstul 1536 (4 valve) flugelhorn for UNDER $3,000!!

coolerdave likes this.
  6. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    My trumpet IS my partner.

........wait a minute...that doesn't sound right.:-?

7. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    That's because she knows you will be coming back. :cool:

8. smokin valves

smokin valves Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2011
    Practice Mute!!!

9. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Exactly what I never could get from my three wives!

Hem, sorry.
    :oops:

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    The first step to healing is to admit you have a problem. :-)

Nice purchase Gary!

Mike