Coolest Wife Ever!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    my wife is my biggest supporter when it comes to my playing which means alot to me. she is a very good player. we met playing in the Starry Knights Big Band and in the Circle City Sidewalk Stompers, she played lead in both bands. She only plays in church now but allows me to play in a couple of other groups.

2. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    Most all of them are tramps. Once in a while a decent woman is found. The problem is that it is difficult to tell her from all the bums.

If a woman gripes that you spend too much time on the trumpet? That is a really bad sign. Dump her at once. To the curb with all her belongings thrown into storage. Then send the keys to the cops along with all the pictures of her stealing your stuff.

3. R.T. Swing

R.T. Swing Pianissimo User

Feb 6, 2007
    UK
    Two things,
    1) Built me a studio in the garden, I think so as not to have to listen to me practicing.
    2) When buying a new family car and triying to decide between head (Skoda Oktavia estate) and heart (Land Rover 110 Defender), In a moment of weakness she said "buy the Land Rover"

4. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    This thread proves the old addage: chose your spouse VERY carefully; it will be either the best decsion or the worst decision you make in your life. Every morning when I wake up, I feel like she is the best decision I have ever made. Every wonderful thing in my life has flowed from there. From fantastic children to escape time to practice the trumpet without guilt.

BrotherBACH

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    you got this off a Hallmark card .... or you are just plain eloquent

6. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC

Does she ever let you hang around other men, or is she afraid of them undoing the brainwashing? ROFL. Seriously, I am happy for you and your smokin' hot wife.

7. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    My wife/sweetheart was so nice and patient about my
    mouthpiece search for my cornet she orders it from one
    company but they said it's on back order ...so what does she do
    she orders from a different company and I get it in two days..she is my best friend Anthony

8. diego

diego New Friend

Jan 25, 2012
    The only thing my wife like that is trumpet related is the pratice mute :)
    But she likes to watch me playing on my ska band :)
    And she like to see how happy I am when playing the trumpet and give me some tips like to not get angry when I make a mistake. She says nobody notice.

9. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    You're blessed brother...

10. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Thanks one and all :-)

Yes, like many of you out there, I do have to use the silent mute system. But, once I learned to appreciate it benefits, it was OK. It is a great way to work on breath control and a great work-out for my corners.

BrotherBACH