Copying M-pieces

Discussion in 'Horns' started by TopGun, Dec 3, 2003.

1. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    I hear that Kanstul does a nice copy. How do you do it? How much and long does it take to have this done?

Thanks,
    TG

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Oh, COPYING mouthpieces. I was wondering was "Coping Mouthpieces" was ... hehe
    Yeah I heard they're the best out there.
    -J

3. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    :oops: Looks like I need to slow the typing down a bit. Thanks for the heads up my friend.

TG

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    You are doing just fine TG :D

5. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    haha no problem Top
    -J

6. jazzman54

jazzman54 New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    so will you guys copy mouthpeices at your shop? how much? hello?

7. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

Sorry for the dealy in getting back to your questions. :oops: The copying process is done with a laser beam probe that scans the mouthpiece and is fed into a computer.(As you can see this is as high tech as you get) This scanner takes 2,500 measurements per square inch and does it right down through the backbore so you have a complete exact copy. Then it is digitally processed and fed into a CNC lathe for a mouthpiece that comes out so shinny it needs little or no buffing. When Wallace Rooney heard about it he went to the factory and had them copy the Gustat mouthpieces that Miles Davis had left him. He was very pleased!!! :D So now you can get an exact copy of that one-of-a-kind mouthpiece you have and be assured you can get as many copies as you want. 8) Price for scanning is $50.00. Then you can get it in either a one piece $65.00 or two piece $100.00 or three piece(woody) $150.00. Turn around is generally 1-2 weeks but you get your original mouthpiece back generally within a couple of days. Give me a call or email if you are interested. [email protected] or 480-753-3468. You will feel like this when you do. :wink:

To The Mouthpiece's-There are plenty of them out there.

Jack Kanstul

8. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Thanks for the help Mr. Kanstul. I will be in contact with you in a couple months when playing stuff slows down a little bit.

Thanks again,
    TopGun

9. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Hi Jack,

Does you website have a "standard list" of copies available, or does everyone have to first pay the $50 "scan fee"?

Thanks.

10. MPM

MPM Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Kanstul Mpc Copies

If you'll look on the Kanstul web site ... www.kanstul.net ... they 'do' have a list of some standard mpc's (tops & bottoms) they have availible. They also have in their records lists of copies of other things they've done for individuals.

If you're looking for something specific & want to know if they've scanned it call and ask them. They (Kanstul Staff) are very friendly and helpful.

Regards