Cornet Brand called Series

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetman52, Dec 7, 2010.

1. trumpetman52

trumpetman52 New Friend

Dec 3, 2010
    Hello to fellow trumpet players

I am new to this forum. I thoroughly enjoy playing my trumpet, cornet, and flugelhorn. I have been playing since the 5th grade and I have been out of school for 40 years now. WOW! I direct a local drum and bugle corps and arrange music for them. I play in a community band and also in church. :-)

I have acquired a cornet that I am trying to identify. :-( It is a very nice lacquered instrument and the only markings on the horn is a serial number and the word Series across the bell. It has the initials USA under the label and there is an "S" immediately in front of the label. Can anyone help me identify this instrument more?? It plays extremely well and has a great tonal quality. :D I like the instrument but would like to find out more about it if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Trumpetman52

2. supposeda3

supposeda3 Piano User

Jan 3, 2009
    Central PA
    Can you post a picture of it? Its probably a stencil horn, but there are a ton of people on here with better knowledge of horns than me! They may know.

3. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I agree, we need some pics. You have to send them from an outside site like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Lots of horns marked USA with some non-mainstream name are not made in the USA.

4. trumpetman52

trumpetman52 New Friend

Dec 3, 2010
    I can post some pics, but I have no idea how to do that. I'll need your detailed directions.
    trumpetman52

5. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway