Couesnon Bb trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by [email protected], Jun 25, 2008.

1. kjpooley@bigpond.net.au

[email protected] New Friend

Jun 25, 2008
    Hi.
    I bought a Couesnon Bb trumpet and wonder how old it would be. It has engraved on it:
    COUESNON
    105 RUE LA FAYETTE
    PARIS
    MADE IN FRANCE
    Hope someone out there can help!
    Thanks.:dontknow:

2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Does it have a "Grenade" (pineapple) and a number on the bell? There is no known serial list for Couesnon. Suggest you go to Horn-u-copia and scroll down to the Cousenon line. You can read about the history, etc and view photos of trumpets of various ages, one might be like yours?:-)

3. mtmist

mtmist New Friend

Apr 14, 2008
    Hi I have a 1924 Couesnon trumpet my Uncle bought home from France after WWII. Does anyone know how much it is worth? It is in pretty good shape, my granddaughter actually played it one day:play:. I really need to sell it to raise money for her to go to New York, she has been invited to dance on Broadway. Thanks for any help

4. mtmist

mtmist New Friend

Apr 14, 2008
    hi can anyone help me

5. kjpooley@bigpond.net.au

[email protected] New Friend

Jun 25, 2008
    I bought one for Australian $375.

6. Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Weyburn, Sk., Canada
    A lot depends on condition - I bought mine for about $12.00 Cdn. but it was a little rough.

7. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    The value of these type of trumpets are extremely variable, but I wouldn't expect more that a few hundred at best. We usually recommend listing the instrument on ebay, taking many good quality photos of the trumpet at various angles,particularily the bell inscriptions ,show closeups of the removed valves , and slides(if they are free), state all the writing on the Bell and numbers found stamped on the horn. Describe the history of the trumpet in your family. List at low starting bid of $39.99 or so and see what happens.

You might want to go to Horn-u-copia register, then go to the Coueson section (under Manufacturers) and explore the Cousenon info and click on the Cousenon Gallery, specify trumpet and you might find one something like yours pictured there.