Couesnon Monopole Conservatoire

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by goldstrad, Nov 10, 2009.

1. goldstrad

goldstrad New Friend

Nov 8, 2009
    What do you think of this brand? I have a Couesnon piccolo Bb and would like to know more about what you think of the tone quality of the Couesnon trumpets. Also, am looking for history on this instrument. I have read about this French company, but have only found information on Bb trumpets and fluegelhorns, nothing on their piccolo trumpets.

Thanks for any info!
    Goldstrad

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    You have a Couesnon piccolo ? Have you some pictures, please ? I have pics of this mythic horn, from the collection of Maurice André.

3. goldstrad

goldstrad New Friend

Nov 8, 2009
    Greetings from Idaho!

Further info on the Couesnon: it has a Bb lead pipe and also an A lead pipe, interchangeable. It is lacquered brass, with the ID #0170 on it, so I am guessing this might have been made early in the production line. I have no idea what year the Couesnon company started to make this instrument, as the only historical advertisements I can find on the web are early ones (1930's?) and mention only the Bb trumpets and fluegelhorns. I will try to post a photo soon, to see if anyone recognizes this instrument. Thanks for any info. you can share with me!

Cheers,
    goldstrad