Couldn't Be Happier

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 79connvictor, Sep 19, 2008.

1. 79connvictor

79connvictor New Friend

Mar 8, 2008
    Illinois
    My trumpet came back from Anderson Silver Plating last week with newly finished and fitted valves. Wow. I couldn't be happier. Compression is probably better than when it was new. Slotting and tuning are noticeably improved. It was worth the wait and all of the $280 or so it cost. I highly recommend this service if your trumpet is getting up there in age and is played a bunch. I think Rowuk posted on another thread; now at least I have one less excuse.:thumbsup:

2. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Anderson Plating has always had a good reputation for their quality of work. I have never heard anything bad about this company, so it is great to hear that after nearly a lifetime of knowing of this company they are still getting good feedback.

It does my heart good to know there is still good in business and people.

3. Darthsunshine

Darthsunshine Mezzo Forte User

Jul 19, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Photos?

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Not only one less excuse, but 3 or 4 motivational reasons more! The addition is MUCH more important than the subtraction!

5. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    Wisely spoken, rowuk!!

6. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    My fiance (a high school algebra teacher) would be most happy with you!! :lol:

7. Joefer

Joefer New Friend

Feb 19, 2007
    Lubbock, TX
    Hey,
    what service did you have them do for 280? I'm needing a silver plate job done but it doesn't list prices on the site.

8. 79connvictor

79connvictor New Friend

Mar 8, 2008
    Illinois
    Sorry, I've been away. They did valve refinish and precision refit; silver plating on the horn is good, or at least good enough. I think they have a contact number on their site you can call and get pricing. I'm pretty sure I did find some pricing information somewhere on there website though.

9. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    Just e-mail them with the work you want done and they will get back to you the next day with an approximate price.