Courtois EV1

Discussion in 'Horns' started by san antonio horn, Jun 23, 2005.

1. san antonio horn

san antonio horn New Friend

Jun 2, 2005
    san antonio, tx
    I just bought this horn. WOW!!! These horns are sooooo under-rated....I mean HUGE SOUND, lots of core, dark, and the valves are slicker than butter... Why arent more people playing these horns?

2. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    Is the EV1 the one with the double bell? I played one of the double bell courtois at the MENC convention a couple of years ago. What a horn! It had great soft response, played baroque style with a lot of delicate finesse, and when I cranked the air into it to play lead stuff, it could handle it with ease. But being a band director with 2 kids looking at college, thousands of dollars for a new trumpet just wasn't in the cards.

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Besides... now Mike is getting a FREE Eclipse custom-built to his request!

How's it going, Mike? Has Leigh given you a delivery date yet?

4. Dan Millheim

Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    I just got a note from Mike and he has not heard from Leigh in awhile and was asking if I had heard anything about my horn as well. Leigh must be real busy...

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    He is.... he really is. If you really need a reply from him I would suggest a quick phone call. He's usually in the shop mid-afternoon London time which will be anywhere from 5 to 7 hours "ahead" of your time. Call him around 8 am your time and you should be in fine shape. The call shouldn't cost all that much... depending on how chatty you get.

6. rage.68.fr

rage.68.fr New Friend

Jun 28, 2005
    Colmar - France
    The EV1 is not the horn with the double bell.

Horns with double bell are EV2 (large bore) & EV 3 (ml bore)

If you can try this horns, theyre Amazing!!

Sorry for my english, i'm French

7. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    Yeah, Toots, I'm pretty anxious to get that Eclipse. I'm not about to press Leigh in any way though. A free $4500 horn is something worth waiting for. I talked to Leigh about a month ago, and discussed some options. I'm pretty much sticking with my original plans, a medium red bell with a mouthpipe that will play similar to my Bach 37. Leigh said he'd get back with me about other customization options. I just hope he doesn't forget to get back with me about the other ideas before he builds the horn!

8. Dan Millheim

Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    Hey Mike, Here's to us both getting those dream horns by 2007!!! Hey, If all you guys/gals would stop ordering horns from Leigh maybe we could get ours finished ha. Leigh, I am very happy that God has blessed you with some great business. You have worked very hard for it! We'll wait and it will be worth it!

<-----------P.S. The 24K Harrelson pictured here is for sale. Write me for more info.

9. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    I have an EV II, it's got a very early serial number.

Are they being phased out?

10. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    mon ami(e):

votr'anglais est magnifique!!

hope that wasn't too bad! you have an ev1?

dj