Courtois trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Japle, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Japle

Japle Pianissimo User

Nov 15, 2003
    Cape Canaveral
    A friend of mine played a Courtois trumpet (model unknown) today and loved it. He'll find out the model in the next day or so.
    Is there a dealer in the U.S.?
    Does anyone know a source of information on these horns?
    How good are they? What do they cost?

2. Krafty934

Krafty934 New Friend

Jan 11, 2004
    John,
    I played a Courtois Evo II at a music store once; they are pretty nice playing trumpets if you like a dark sound. They're also pretty heavy though so if you're into heaviness, it is a great trumpet. It plays nice and smooth and the store I saw it at priced it at $2500. If you want a Courtois Evo I instead of the Evo II, the Evo I is around $2000. Hope this helps.

Kaushik

3. Seinman

Seinman New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Derby, UK
  4. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    Courtois is owned by Leblanc, so any music store that is a Leblanc dealer carries/can get the Courtois horns.

5. Krafty934

Krafty934 New Friend

Jan 11, 2004
    Dang Seinman, that's one sweet lookin' horn :D . I liked it but it was too heavy for my taste :lol: .

6. Bryan_sop_trumpet

Bryan_sop_trumpet New Friend

Jan 22, 2004
    Cambridge, UK
    Courtois Trumpets

I Play on a Courtois 'Elite' C/Bb Trumpet (Which I don't think is available any more). I use it for Jazz, Orchestra and anything else I'm asked to do really. I find that it plays well in all registers. It isn't as heavy as the 'Evolution' instruments either. I've been playing on it now since Summer 1999 and I'm glad I bought it. I also have a Courtois Chambord II Cornet.

You can see the details of the trumpets at the Fred Rhodes website (Which is where I bought mine)

http://www.fredrhodes.com/ins_cat/trumpet.htm

7. Japle

Japle Pianissimo User

Nov 15, 2003
    Cape Canaveral
    Thanks a lot guys.
    I'll pass this on to my friend.

8. PLAYMOR

PLAYMOR New Friend

Jan 11, 2011
    Howdy, anyone any courtois serial numbers to forward to me? 1900-1960 would be appreciated,thanks,keith.