Crack on slide

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by BrassBandMajor, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Oh no. I think if you screw up the easy step, moving on to a more involved procedure is definitely the way to go.

2. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    i worked as both plumber and HVAC tech before I found my calling and as stupid as it sounds I can't sweat copper but I can braise line sets (copper) all day those who know know what I'm saying. Thank "God" for shark bite and JB Weld!

3. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Hahahahaha!
    And MY post 3030!
    Wait, that's my number of groans received...

Oh! Make sure to use an UNUSED round for the casing patch. THAT way there is a small but certain chance that when soldering something interesting happens. Very interesting.

4. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Since I can't find a video clip of it...

*Krusty Krab explodes*

Mr. Krabs: So, ya tried to kill me over a little new-age management, eh?!

Gordon, you can't simply do this to someone who is trying some new-age method of managing a trumpet!

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    It is strange that we have not heard from the OP.

Here is what I found : Brass horn repair with ice

If you get a "Join Page" just press ESC to clear it. It does read like Dumb & Dumber.

I am getting the feeling (again) that we are having our legs pulled. Notice how many threads this OP starts, chucks a hand grenade, and does not come back, but watches all of us discuss and get involved. I gave this OP a second chance, but I think I am outta here. Used up my goodwill, I don't think he is really this stupid.

I am not against DIY - but I do think we are being taken for fools.

6. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Didn't I read somewhere that lightly tapping an unused round into a receiver was a great way of dedenting old leadpipes?

7. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Jeezaloo.

8. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    What's that word that starts with a "T"......? Those creatures that roam the cyber world posting anything and everything to get a rise out of people...? Dang, I can't seem to remember...although I do know we aren't supposed to feed them.

Moving on. I look forward to tomorrow's new rotary trumpet thread asking more questions that have been answered already. Speaking of which: Thank you barliman for all the incredible information that you've shared in the last month or so. I for one have learned quite a bit!

Kujo

9. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Hear, hear!

10. Comet1995

Comet1995 Pianissimo User

Aug 4, 2014
    Liberty MO
    Nice going OP! Get it repaired.