Crazy Concert

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mr. Explorer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This sounds like something that happened to me in 1975. There was a small difference though. I was playing with an Army Band in Germany, and the drunk was one of our conductors - the chief non-commissioned officer. He also cried after every movement and told us how good we were. In this state, he would start to conduct by drawing circles with his baton and saying "come on band!". I was the solo cornet/trumpet and gave a wink to get the band started together. We rehearsed well enough that the rest worked without the audience picking up on it!

Your story does indicate that you played so well that the drunk kept his mouth shut during the pieces - GREAT JOB!

I hope that he got his encore - Red, red Wine would have been suitable....................

3. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs

4. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    When I was in grad school, there was a dive bar next door to the concert hall. One night the tuba professor was giving a recital and a drunk (and I mean DRUNK) dude from the bar wandered in and sat down. You could almost see a cloud of tequilia around the guy. The tuba prof. was playing the Levy Grand Russian Fantasy and between variations the guy sort of perked up and yelled "POLKA!!!!!" The next morning there were "POLKA!!!!" signs up all over the school of music.