Crazy Show stories

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by miles71, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dstrad

dstrad Pianissimo User

Oct 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    Here's one. I was playing pit in a show called The 1940's Radio Hour. Neat little show that simulated a 1940s radio show. The pit was located up on the stage. We even were listed with character names on the Playbill. The trumpets were positioned on the last and highest row of risers - of course. The second trumpet had a terrible habit of leaning back on his chair when he played - you know where this is going. Anyway, right as we end the last number before intermission he leans back too far. The chair's legs go off the risers followed by him and his horn. Luckily the only damage was to his horn. It could have been much worse.

2. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    At one of our adult community band concerts this last season, while playing Pirates fo The Carribean one of our very experienced and likewise talented bass trombonists lost the slide from his horn and itwent clattering across the stage, right next to me. It was all that I could do to keep from laughing as Frank scrambled to retrieve the slide. He was, of course, very embarrassed. He was even more embarrassed when our conductor teased him about it in the rehearsal room after the concert.

OLDLOU>>