Creating sheet music, online or software suggestions.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kctrumpeteer, Sep 13, 2011.

1. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I have a piece I was given to work on recently and because of bad copies and for the size of the sheet music it is very difficult to read. Not impossible, but I would like to re-create it in a large font / format so I can focus on playing and not trying to see the music.

Any recommendations of software or online tools to do this? I looked a bit but as soon as you want to tie 1/8 1/16 notes together or slur or make key changes or accents, etc. the ability of most things online seem somewhat limited or a bit of a pain to try to use.

recommendations? (If I have to I suppose I will write it out myself, but would prefer to do it on the computer so I have a cleaner copy)

2. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I use Finale, and I think there is a trial for a couple of weeks. If you don't find anything, just scan it and mail it to me, I can put it in to Finale for you:-)

3. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    Which version do you use or do you know the main differences between the various versions? Looks like every where from $10 (probably all that I need or the $50 version) to $600+ Yikes...

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I used to be a copyist. If you can get the notes on the page for free, add the slurs, accents, etc. by hand. You're looking for personal use, not publishing, right? (If you are really picky, any place that sells technical drawing supplies can provide templates for curves and script.) Point is, if you can read it then everything will be fine.

5. Mamba21500

Mamba21500 Piano User

Feb 26, 2009
    MuseScore is an acceptable way of doing this, it is nowhere near as good as sibelius or finale, and has bugs, but it has all the features that you need, and it doesn't cost anything.

6. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Can't blow it up on your printer? Or is it bad enough to need redone?:oops:

7. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I have a cracked version...:oops:

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User