crying...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ltg_trumpet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    yea like when your so happy, nothing else matters ,
    when your in love at the moment , joy happens.:play:

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    That would be a good way to get Sofus shot! :bleah:

3. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    I DID ask the last ones left that once!

Didn´t do any good, though; they just
    kept saying "what?" all the time . . .:huh:

4. DarkKnight88

DarkKnight88 Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2008
    Tallahassee/Bradenton, Fl
    I've had that same feeling that you're talking about, but, I've never actually cried. I love those moments though. When everything is just clicking together perfectly. Especially during a solo section on a tune that's really kickin'.

I've had several good spine tingling moments while playing in a symphonic/orchestral setting as well. You've gotta love playing great music and being emotionally awed by the sheer perfection and beauty of it.

This is what it's ALL about gang! :cool:

5. rviser

rviser Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2008
    Yep, when you're caught up in the moment, and everyone's clicking and right where they need to be, and you hit that long lick followed up by that perfect high note to end it, and whatever just came out of your horn was so perfect it even blew your mind......that feeling will beat the feeling you get from any type of drug or high out there....I'd put it up against anything.

6. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008

Please mr. Bell: DO try to keep your feelings of

being inferior

under control! :cool:

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I wouldn't try to analyse this too much. Crying CAN be a sign of sensitivity or caring for the moment. More often it is caused by other things happening like a change in lighting, the trombone player in the next row passing gas or SOMEONE ELSE really getting into the music. Tears have come to my eyes when others have played, but when it's me, there is too much going on, no capacity left - or maybe I just don't play inspired enough.

8. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I have never cried when playing.
    I have had tears of joy in my eyes on a few occasions when seeing a live show or listening to a particularly good recording.

One time I was going to the local music store with my best friend and I had just got back from a semester of school across the country so I had a lot of music so show her.
    I put on Eric Whitacre's "When David Heard." It is a 15 minute choral piece that is one of the most beautiful choral pieces I have ever heard. I knew she would love it. I chose this one because the store was a 15 minute drive from her house.
    I put it on and we drove without saying a word. The song ended just as I arrived in the parking lot and when I turned of the car and got out she didn't come with me. I looked at her and she was weeping from it's beauty and emotion. I had to wait another 5 or 10 minutes in the parking lot with her discussing the song and it's meaning until she stopped crying. That piece gets me every time.

9. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA

Look up Kurt Bestor's "Prayer of the Children". That might get ya crying too.

10. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska

When somebody is passing gas I stop breathing , humm how is that possible and still play :dontknow: , i think want to cry thinking about that , i need to ask my son :play: