CSO

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by wiseone2, Jan 12, 2005.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I have heard from a reliable source that Chris Martin is the new Principal Trumpet.
    Bravo!

Wilmer

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    I have greatly enjoyed hearing Chris over the past few years with the ASO. Some of the more memorable performance I have heard include Mahler 1, 5, Copland 3, Don Juan, Haydn, and the all Wagner this last weekend as well as many others.

I am going to miss hearing him play but I know that the CSO is getting a really fine player.

3. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I taught that kid conductor, Robert Spano, in Atlanta everything he knows about trumpet :D

Wilmer

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Wilmer,

And we here in Atlanta thank you! The difference in how the ASO sounds( as well as the overall concept of time) since Spano took the job is amazing and apparent even to a non pro such as myself.

I hope the ASO will be able to hold on to him for a while.

Jason

5. riffdawg2000

riffdawg2000 Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Uh ... Jason .... You know darn well a certain TEACHER will hold the expections of the Atlanta symphony community!

Now .... what is Atlanta gonna do regarding chair placement?? Hmmmm...

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Hmmm…not sure, but I know who I am pulling for!

7. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    joel,

any up dates? whats the word around atlanta, do you know if Chris is taking the job yet or not?

8. riffdawg2000

riffdawg2000 Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, a few folks have talked to Chris .. including myself. I spoke with him yesterday after the ASO Brass Quintet Concert.

He is taking a 1 year leave of absence from the ASO and will join the CSO. If things go well, he will stay in Chicago. If not, he may return to Atlanta. But, yes, he has officially accepted the offer. I think they are still working out the contract though ...