Curious

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Franklin D, Oct 10, 2018.

1. pss

pss Mezzo Piano User

Jun 14, 2016
    Luxembourg
    By the description, it has to be a 9310z :)
    Official launch Monday, the 22nd October.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It will be interesting to test this one against a Harrelson, which in my experience is the easiest horn to play, once you have developed your biceps.

3. theo van kampen

theo van kampen Pianissimo User

May 30, 2004
    Amsterdam Holland
    Sounds to me Yamaha is reinventing the Getzen Eterna 700s :p

4. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    No bro, no way. I can imagine they looked at the 700S, played it and thought: we have to do everything different, that must make the perfect horn.

theo van kampen likes this.
  5. theo van kampen

theo van kampen Pianissimo User

May 30, 2004
    Amsterdam Holland
    pss likes this.
  6. pss

pss Mezzo Piano User

Jun 14, 2016
    Luxembourg
    I'm sure it's a fine horn, but on paper (specs) it doesn't look very different from other 6 series, except for the "new one-piece valve casing" (meaning cheaper than the 2-piece Xeno valves), but the devil is in the details/tweaks. Will try to test it during my Xmas holidays.

7. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    A reinvented Eterna? There is more reason to presume that the new Yamaha commercial is a renewed 6330B, the Till Brönner horn.
    Same parents, the Yamaha atelier in Hamburg, and they share the two piece bell and the reverse leadpipe. New could be the new valve casing, the brace in the tuning slide and the leadpipe and bell material (goldbrass). Sounds as a good combination of old and new insights.
    BTW I really liked the YTR6330B (and its crocodile bag), always regretted not to have tried one more seriously (I played one only briefly at a stand on the The Hague trumpetday years ago).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018 at 4:15 PM