Current Fee for Weddings

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Oct 27, 2014.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I can relate: Sometimes I feel as though I am the Mendelssohn of the medical world with all the problems I see with relationships that I try to fix with chemicals. Perhaps next time, I will just write an orchestration to solve man's woes.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Have you ever tried playing a C trumpet before? To me, playing a C trumpet is the coordination equivalent of trying to use your hands while looking into a mirror. I find transposition much easier.

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I used to own a C trumpet - I never had much of an issue using one. Mine was pretty solid where intonation was concerned. It was a decent Yamaha - pretty bright, but intonation was better than most of the Bachs I'd tried, and I could play it like I'd play a Bb with no real intonation issues. The very best C trumpet I ever used to date belonged to a friend of mine. It was outfitted with a Blackburn leadpipe, Curry CCaps, and other than the pitch, it felt like a Bb Bach Strad - it was straight up the middle where intonation was concerned with no need to use any alternate fingerings.

The C trumpet I've gotten my hands on for this gig is a Callet C - should be a nice horn for it.

4. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    I have had a few c trumpets and have sold them all. I don't have perfect pitch, but I have pretty good relative pitch. My ears get confused on C, I am playing a note and hearing another (from what I am used to). I have to concentrate on doing it. For all the church work I do, transposing is easier for me. I have had to play C trumpet on a few gigs where there was a section, or the director wanted a certain sound. That's fine, I do it when I have to, but left to my own accord I'll play Bb and transpose.

5. fels

fels Piano User

Jun 8, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    borrowed a C trumpet many years ago for some church work - though it would be easier.

As with many of the previous comments, could not manage the head issues of playing a note and expecting a different sound. Have been transposing for 40 years -- much more comfortable for me.