Curry:Bach 3C equivalent?

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Brian H. Smout, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Hi all,

I am interested in the Curry 3BC and 3TF models. Are they equivalent to the Bach 3C? By the specs at Mouthpiece Express the Curry 5 seems to be closer. Any comments, experiences?

Thanks,

Brian H. Smout

2. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    I had a Curry 3TF at one point and it did seem bigger than the particular Bach 3C I was playing on at the time.

3. vlstpt

vlstpt New Friend

Feb 9, 2005
    Suffolk County NY USA
    Curry 3C Bach 3C

I play a 3 rim but the Curry 5 Rim was not as comfortable to me as the Curry 3 Rim. I also want to mention, I belive the new line of 3 Rims Mark is making might be smaller than the ones he was making previously.My suggestion would be to try one of each. Mouthpiece Express has a good mouthpiece return policy. :play:

4. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    The regular 3 rim IS larger, as it's based on the Mt. Vernon-style rims. However, Mark is making a 3. (with a period after it) for those who prefer the modern Bach 3 rim.

5. vlstpt

vlstpt New Friend

Feb 9, 2005
    Suffolk County NY USA
    Mark does not say he will be carrying the both :3: rims though. I believe the modern 3 rim is now available only. :bash:

6. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Thanks to all for the input. I purchased a large shank 3DC. from Mouthpiece Express and it feels very nice. It works well with my L.A. Olds Ambassador. I tried the flugelhorn m/p route first but didn't like it as much as the Curry piece. I think I'm going to try a 3BC. with my Ambassador trumpet.

Brian

7. chukcha

chukcha New Friend

Oct 18, 2004
    Hi, please share your experience about 3BC .I'm interested too in this mpc to try with my Ambassador.Thanks