Curry:Bach 3C equivalent?

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Brian H. Smout, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Hi all,

I am interested in the Curry 3BC and 3TF models. Are they equivalent to the Bach 3C? By the specs at Mouthpiece Express the Curry 5 seems to be closer. Any comments, experiences?

Brian H. Smout
  2. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    I had a Curry 3TF at one point and it did seem bigger than the particular Bach 3C I was playing on at the time.
  3. vlstpt

vlstpt New Friend

Feb 9, 2005
    Suffolk County NY USA
    Curry 3C Bach 3C

I play a 3 rim but the Curry 5 Rim was not as comfortable to me as the Curry 3 Rim. I also want to mention, I belive the new line of 3 Rims Mark is making might be smaller than the ones he was making previously.My suggestion would be to try one of each. Mouthpiece Express has a good mouthpiece return policy. :play:
  4. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    The regular 3 rim IS larger, as it's based on the Mt. Vernon-style rims. However, Mark is making a 3. (with a period after it) for those who prefer the modern Bach 3 rim.
  5. vlstpt

vlstpt New Friend

Feb 9, 2005
    Suffolk County NY USA
    Mark does not say he will be carrying the both :3: rims though. I believe the modern 3 rim is now available only. :bash:
  6. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Thanks to all for the input. I purchased a large shank 3DC. from Mouthpiece Express and it feels very nice. It works well with my L.A. Olds Ambassador. I tried the flugelhorn m/p route first but didn't like it as much as the Curry piece. I think I'm going to try a 3BC. with my Ambassador trumpet.

7. chukcha

chukcha New Friend

Oct 18, 2004
    Hi, please share your experience about 3BC .I'm interested too in this mpc to try with my Ambassador.Thanks