CURRY TF PIECE WITH WT = FAT CITY!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Jazzman, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    All I can say is that Mark Curry TF piece is awesome. I am getting a huge warm tone on my WT with it. I mean the tone is deeper and darker with my 60TF. All WT owners should get one.... 8)

2. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

What size is it?

Tom

3. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    60TF is equal to 5C in the rim, but the cup is deep and the shank is short, like a flugelpiece. My tone is warm with this piece, in fact beautiful. This piece is awesome. I just ordered the 2TF as well in silver plate. My 60TF is gold plate.......man oh man!! 8)
    Now, cannot wait to get my J slide :shock:

4. rich

rich New Friend

Nov 15, 2003
    I use a Curry TF in my WTs when I play jazz at home. Mine is a 1 1/2. I also have a 3TF and don't care for that much as it feels considerably bigger than the 1 1/2 and doesn't feel nearly as comfortable.

I'm not sure of the difference between the numbered TFs like I have
    (1 1/2, 2, 3 etc) and the ones numbered 60TF, etc.

Here is another choice if you are looking for mellow... I use the Claude Gordon CGP FLUGEL mpc on my WT trumpets with a bit of clear packing tape around the shank... this is dark and more mellow than the Curry TF.

5. rich

rich New Friend

Nov 15, 2003
    I use a Curry TF in my WTs when I play jazz at home. Mine is a 1 1/2. I also have a 3TF and don't care for that much as it feels considerably bigger than the 1 1/2 and doesn't feel nearly as comfortable.

I'm not sure of the difference between the numbered TFs like I have
    (1 1/2, 2, 3 etc) and the ones numbered 60TF, etc.

Here is another choice if you are looking for mellow... I use the Claude Gordon CGP FLUGEL mpc on my WT trumpets with a bit of clear packing tape around the shank... this is dark and more mellow than the Curry TF.