Custom Trumpet Case

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ltg_trumpet, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    all right... so here is my up coming project... its a sampsonite suitcase that im gonna convert into a trumpet case. I think it will look awesome for gigging. i dont know what to fill it with, but im thinking non static memory foam or something, if you guys have any ideas id love to hear. thanks.

Attached Files:

2. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    you can buy off the internet premolded foam for trumpets. I've converted a large computer bag into a case before.

Enjoy

3. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    where do i get that?

4. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    i searched
    "foam trumpet case molds"
    and found a company named Glizzer so something like that, they were out of germany
    it was only 30 dollars

5. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    sweet thanks

6. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    hey man, i cant find it would you mind giving me a link.... lol sorry, i dont want to give you to much trouble...

7. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    That suitcase looks too small. I'd want another inch or so between the edge and the horn....

Tom

8. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    yea... its the biggest one i had. the horn has to go in at an angle which makes me a tad bit uncomfortable... but its all i have and i love the retro feel, so i might just try to work around it.

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I'm with Tom, it's too small. There isn't enough room for cushioning foam at either end. The bell is too close to the edges. While the corners are probably the strongest points on the outside, they are also the most likely to come into contact with other objects. Impact on the top or bottom (red part) could cause damage too. That material flexes, pushing in and then rebounding out, when struck or squeezed. The bell won't.

Find a bigger case, and you'll have room for a second or third horn and accessories.
    veery

10. ltg_trumpet

Jan 21, 2009
    crap... good point...