Custom trumpet stands

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Equiner, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Equiner

Equiner New Friend

Jul 15, 2008
    Alberta, Canada
    Hello,

Thank you to everyone for their kind words and suggestions. I have always had a great fondness for the natural beauty of wood grains so this really has been a labour of love.

As my signature shows, I have many different horns and have tried my Martin and 37 and 72 Bach bells on 'my creation'. While the Bach profiles are fairly consistent, the Martin is quite different and they all seem to fit fine with no real issues of instability but like any trumpet stand, they would go over with inattention or carelessness.

Thanks again and let me know if you would like me to work on something for you.

Cheers!
    Kathie

2. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I really like the look of the stand, but my concerns would be
    1. How will it fit in the trumpet case if you are going to use it on a regular basis?
    2. How heavy is it?
    3. Some felt or something soft to protect the inside of the horn from the stand. Maybe brown felt could blend in with the wood and not take away from the beauty of the wood?

Otherwise a very nice display.

3. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    well - with a small piece of felt that's a real goer. The postage from canada to the UK fills me with woe though.
    However, I have someone down the road who might make me one on their lathe. Or not...:-(