CUT LIP 5 stitches just removed - How to recover - When and how to play ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by X3Lb, May 2, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Don't forget to rub the vitamin E onto this area twice a day until it heals.

2. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    FEEDBACK 3 WEEKS AFTER REMOVAL OF STITCHES

Hi guys

The Bad News -A few days after I made my last post I started to have a few problems. I tried to stick to my original mpc position and the new buzzing area that was forming on new skin on the injured lip looked as though it was starting to form a blister. I decided to take a few days off.

On reflection I think it was still doing a little too much too soon, even though I was only doing soft lowish tones etc for short periods. I think there was still some numbness which meant I could not feel the full sensation of what was happening.

The Good News- Thank the Lord - The lip now seems to have more tingling sensations and sensitivity, with the nerves healing more and micro control of the lip becoming easier. The hump of the scar has lowered and the mpc is sitting more comfortably. The Aloe and Vit E seem to be helping the internal and external healing.

I have also discoverd a sweet spot that I am working on which responds well.:-):thumbsup: Definitely feel I am on the journey back now and already thinking about what new challenges I have in store for the Picc later !!!.

Thanks again for all your kind wishes, advice and support guys, much appreciated.

I will send you another update in a few weeks to let you know how things are going.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So X3Lb, are you using the Vitamin E... If not, don't complain to me.

4. fuzzyhaze

fuzzyhaze Mezzo Piano User

Nov 22, 2009
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK
    Hope it works out for you soon. It is only us humans that push ourselves, when in fact we need to take it easy. A dog or cat for example would rest up until they felt better again. Anyhow, thanks for the update, and good luck with the recovery. I must say that if the same thing had happened to me I would have little or no patience and I'd be forcing my lip back into playing even when I knew I shouldn't. Be kind to yourself and that lip of yours, it's amazing and makes all these cool sounds when you stick a horn on the end of it!!!!

5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I'm glad for your recovery. God heals, not doctors; but, we do care!

6. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    But perhaps, if we're fortunate, God uses doctors as his instruments to bring comfort while he heals!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    God's work is truly our own. We all (doctors and non-doctors) hear on this thread, which you a speady recovery, as God's healing power is channelled through your belief that it will happen.

8. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    :thumbsup: Yes thanks.

For sure gmonady, an excellent piece of advice, - with the good Lords help, that and the Aloe definitely make the skin and healing. "The Aloe and Vit E seem to be helping the internal and external healing."

9. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks for your kind wishes fuzzyhaze.

Lets face it. Because we LOVE our trumpets, we tend to be a bit keen/impatient about the desire to progress. AFTER ALL WE ARE ONLY HUMAN !!!:roll:

10. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks again for your kind wishes.

Yes gmonady , Patkins & Pat S- Truly Gods power in answer to prayer and belief - God put before me answers to two other things during the last 3 days. Truly amazing.:-)

Last edited: May 26, 2012