D.I.T.

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by oj, Nov 1, 2005.

1. oj

oj Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2005
    Norway
    Have you seen or tried the D.I.T?

The DIT website (with video-clip) describe what it is:

http://www.dit.si/default.htm

Anyone who have tried it?

Ole

P.S.
    In a concert if you turned it the "wrong" way, you could get some big surprises ;-)

2. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    DIT

From what I can see on their website it is simply a very expensive way to make up a leaky trumpet. The projected sound would be obnoxious to the ear of any trained musician, in my opinion. I once picked up a mouthpiece that had been bored for a microphone. Don't ask me why this was done, because it certainly didn't make any sense to me. I always had a mic clipped to the output end,(bell), of my horn, not the input end. At any rate, the obnoxious blatting that this particular m/p produced was beyond comprehension. Needless to say, I got rid of that P.O.S. really quick.

I have no intention of sending any of my money for one of those things.

OLDLOU>>

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Seems like a variation of the BERP. I feel safer with the BERP because it's removeable so you don't get the surprise buzz instead of horn sound. Also, BERP allows you to produce the same resistance as on the horn, so when you do glissandi you really get a sense of where things are changing and how and what problem areas in your range are occuring for what reason. And BERP does not require you to puncture any holes in your mouthpiece, as this appears to need. (So, BERP is a better product, in my mind anyaway; and it's probably a whole lot cheaper!).

4. brass

brass New Friend

Jul 17, 2005
    Hi to all!

I know I'm late but I still have to send this reply..

I use D.I.T. and it you should not compare the D.I.T. with B.E.R.P. even though it is used to get the same effect...

I used B.E.R.P. as well but the D.I.T. is much better.. With B.E.R.P. you have to stop playing constantly and you have to take the mouthpiece out of the B.E.R.P. and so on... for example, my underpart was damaged after years of usage... As well the B.E.R.P. means antoher few centimeters and that means your posture of an instrument is not the same anymore. It's the same with inclination...

In my opinion the D.I.T. is GREAT expedient and the best is you don't need to stop playing, you just switch the D.I.T. and you can instantly change the sound of mouthpiece and the sound of instrument... it's realy fantastic...

I would recommend it to anyone, because I believe that there is no musician on this world, who doesn't have any problems... and with the D.I.T. you can find and remove this problems...

Have a nice time