Daily Routine "Sticky" ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by talcito, Jan 12, 2007.

1. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Hi Manny:

I have been following the "Practice Today" thread this week and found it very helpfull.

Its been one of those weeks were I needed to practice in a different way.....anything to wake up my chops and my mind.

Using your routines as a guide worked just great. Thank you.

How about having a sticky were yourself and other players on the TH could post what they practiced today?

I think this sticky could keep us all refreshed with new ideas.

Thanks again,

oscar

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Well, speaking for myself I'd rather just weigh in once in a while but today i have a new long tone melody to report.

I've been worrying about a dear friend who's not well.That prompted me this morning to play the first few bars of Barber's Adagio as a long tone warm up and then proceeded to some other stuff. Chromatics and scales. I used a few studies from the 22 Virtuosity Studies of Pietsch to cover slurs and tonguing.

So, you can see I like a variety.

ML

3. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Variety and Creativity in daily routines really helps players improve when they get kind of "stuck" in their progress.

The problem I find is that some great posts tend to dissapear over time. Having a sticky would keep the idea up there permanently for new users etc.

I wouldn't ask that you post every day, but whenever you get the spirit to do so. I would also love to see the ideas of the great artists and great players we have at TM.

Muchas Gracias Maestro!

4. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    .......it would also be interesting to compare how daily routines differ among different types of players....commercial, jazz, classical, latin etc.

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Will do, Talcito.

ML