Dance the night away F sharp major.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by alant, Apr 7, 2014.

1. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    Hi can some one advise on how to play this piece a little lower. If you dont know it, it starts off on third space C sharp and goes up to C sharp above the staff and a b flat above the staff. I have tried an octave lower but it losses the impact. Is there another option where perhaps the C sharp above the staff becaomes F sharp and all the other notes follow as they should in F sharp major?

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Is it this one?
    [​IMG]

What's the problem?
    Outside your range?? Then pass the part and come back when you get stronger.

That range should be playable by a normal advanced embochure... maybe you just need some more shed time to get the chops stronger.
    I can't imagine trying to change the melody of a known tune in a solo part and being successful.

3. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    Yeh thats the one, trumpet 1 and trumpet two play the same part, i play trumpet two, this is a litttle too high at the moment.

4. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    layout, or play just the C# & rest of lick down an octave. (C#-F#-A#-back down to C#). Give the 8va guy something to lock onto. One stone cold steely eyed killer playing the lead part should be all it takes.

5. joe_sg

joe_sg New Friend

Aug 13, 2014

Hi, do you happen to have either a copy of this trumpet part that I could buy/have? or let me know where I can purchase it from? I'm hoping to join the band at my wedding next year to perform this, can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Joe_SG

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I second giving parts to people that can play them. If you don't have the chops, you should be playing another easier part until you "earn" the spot with your capabilities!