Dancing with the stars trumpet section ruled the show

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BADBOY-DON, Nov 25, 2009.

1. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    Although DANCING WITH THE STARS was and is always a popularity contest and to this ol' Badboy always seemed a pretty cheezee'affair... "THAT SAD AND SAID"...RICK BAPTIST and his trumpet section really helped make that great gathering of musicians and singers bring home some outstanding and memorial peformances.

I only wish that the network would have shown the musicians and singers more air time during the dance performances.

2. erd402

erd402 Pianissimo User

Mar 21, 2009
    West Virginia
    It would have been nice to have seen more of the band. They never put any focus on them, even though they are one of, tied with Bruno's reactions to dances, the most entertaining part of the show.

By the way, Kelly should have got 2nd and Mya got 3rd.

3. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Put a sheet over the screen and read a book or do other stuff while listening to the great music -- turn the TV into a radio for the time that show is on so you can enjoy the music without all that "dancing" (it looks more like partner abuse which stops just short of actually causing physical harm on camera).

4. TrumpetLucian

TrumpetLucian Pianissimo User

May 7, 2009
    Indiana
    If they really wanted to make some money, the should have recorded just the music from each show. I know just us trumpet players would be enough of a market to break even!! I don't watch the show often, but MAN can Rick Baptist play.

5. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.

AMEN my brotha' in brass LUCIAN!

Roddy Trumpet: Sound Clips

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    I want to bring life back to this thread, I am watching this now and want the music. But I am on my laptop and dont watch any of the show. People dancing, wo-hoo. I dont care, but the music is great. Anyone know about music for this?