Dancing with the Stars

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bear, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Anyone know who is in the band (trumpet specifically)?

If they are on here, just wanted to let you know my wife and I watched the show last night. You guys (and gals?) sounded terriffic!! Made me want to go practice! Keep it up.

BTW, how do you land a gig like that?

Peace,
    Tim

2. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    If you have a DVR, wait for the credits to roll and then slow it down and squint reallyhard (because it gets so small when they squish it over to the side) and you should see the band members in there somewhere.

As for landing the gig? I suspect you just gotta know the right people.

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    No DVR and I saw the fine print but couldn't read it quick enough, hence me asking. Guess I could try to find it online... CBS, I think it was... not sure now, lol.

4. Masterwannabe

Masterwannabe Mezzo Piano User

Sep 11, 2009
    Colorado
    Bear,

It is an ABC show, I agree they are a great band, who wouldn't want to play in a group like that.

As an aside, I think the 'tightest' group I have ever heard is the band with Delbert McClinton several years ago. I heard trumpets all over the place and never a blurp or a note out of tune. :play:

5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    I typically don't watch that show, but my wife tuned in last night and I thought the trumpet player was off the hook! Rick Baptist maybe?

6. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'm alomst sure that Rick Baptiste is the lead player, but I don't know who else is in the section.
    Bob

7. tweetfaip

tweetfaip New Friend

Mar 20, 2006
    Marietta, GA
    The latest ITG journal had an article on Chris Tedesco. He discussed playing in the band once. If I recall he stated that Harry Kim is the lead player and then there is a rotation to fill out the section.

Eric

8. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    In any case, those guys (and gals, if there were any) did a terrific job when I watched.

9. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Dancing with the stars... I didn't even think they still played that Carl Sagan series on PBS......

10. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Bachstul... I think I'm missing the joke? If it's not a joke, I APOLOGIZE!! HA. Fill me in please!